Meditation is traditionally regarded as one of the most potent forms of realizing ones spiritual being, and in the process, one can live a healthy and aware life. Different people adopt different meditation styles, but if theres one universally acceptable mode of meditation, that has to be the Chakra Meditation.
Introduction to Chakra Meditation
Chakra Meditation is the art of balancing and energizing all the seven energy centers in the body, called Chakras, in order to align the flow of energy through them. Heres a brief description of these seven energy centers, or the Chakras:
1. Root or Base Chakra located at the base of the spine and related to the element Earth. It governs our general health, prosperity, and security.
2. Brow Chakra, also called The Third Eye Chakra, is situated between the brows on the forehead. It is related to the Light element, which governs our perception, interpretation, and visualization.
3. Throat Chakra is situated at the base of the throat. It is related to the Sound element, which governs our creativity, communication ability, and resonance.
4. Heart Chakra is situated right at the center of the chest. It is related to the Air element, which governs our feelings of love, compassion, and general relationships.
5. Throat Chakra located at the base of the throat and related to the element Sound. It governs clear communication, creativity, and resonance during our entire lifespan.
6. Brow Chakra governing your power of imagination, visualization, and interpretation is located between the brows on the forehead and related to the element Light.
7. Crown Chakra governing your wisdom and knowledge is located at the top of the head and related to the element thought.
If you want to reinvent yourself and bring back those vitalizing moments in your life, then theres no substitute to Chakra Meditation. If these vital seven Chakras are rotating in sync, physical, mental, and spiritual well being is assured. Thus, you can safely conclude that Chakra Meditation is the key to overall health of your life, taken as a whole.
Chakra Meditation Techniques
Chakra Meditation involves three techniques in this order:
1. Grounding Technique, which aims at making the body feel connected with Earth. You just need to visualize a root growing from your body and entering into the Earth. This requires intense focus and mental presence during the act of visualization.
2. Centering Technique, which aims at preparing your body to receive the benefits of Chakra Meditation. Just take three to five deep breaths and visualize relaxation of every body part from toe to crown. In simple words, just tighten and relax each body part from toe to the crown, and then visualize the act of centering a pot on a pottery wheel.
3. Relaxation Technique refers to the process whereby, the body feels relaxed by an act of visualization that suits an individual the best. Every individual is free to adopt his or her own relaxation method.
b) Loosen all your clothing so that there is no tension on any part of the body, and close your eyes.
c) Breathe in a relaxed manner, which should be neither too fast nor too slow. The idea is to give up the control on your breath, and let it flow naturally, but healthily.
d) Start feeling every part of your body from toe to the head in that direction. While your eyes are closed, feel the earth you are lying or sitting on, or the bed you are lying or sitting on, feel the aura around you, feel the clothes you are wearing. Feel everything youd have had your eyes been open. Visualize life in darkness!
e) You may experience a wave of thoughts, fears, and every kind of emotion during this process. Dont avoid them! This represents the release of stress-related thoughts. With practice and regular exercise, these negative emotions and feelings will disappear.
f) Feel every subtle inner detail and let your awareness travel freely from one body part to the other.
This exercise can be done at any time of the day and for any duration of time. However, the longer the better!
The author Jonathan Benjem is a writer for the popular chakra-balance.com site. To understand how chakra balancing can transform your whole life and receive twenty nine Free chakra meditation Audios visit here.